Schools Coach Hire
As a coach company specialising in smaller vehicles for over 20 years we offer the following service to our school clients:
- 16, 19, 22, 28 & 35 seater mini-coaches purchased on a three year replacement policy
- All vehicles are fitted with 3-point seat belts, air-conditioning and suitable luggage facilities
- All drivers hold an enhanced DBS
- We provide a price structure based on mileage bands for the whole school year (you know what you are going to be charged in September for trips the following June)
- Invoices are generated after the trip has taken place on a monthly or weekly basis depending on the schools payment terms. They contain the schools booking reference and are departmentalised to help with administration.
We offer a preferred order form for schools, please click the button below to download a PDF of this form.
We would recommend the following to a School:
- To have one member of staff responsible for all school coach booking and not leave it up to individual departments. That person would soon get to know the good from the bad.
- Require that all departments request coaches by the number of passengers and not coach size. This allows for the use of smaller (cheaper coaches).
- Always E-mail any orders or alterations, never rely on telephone calls.
- Book coaches as early as possible, especially in the summer term. We would rather our schools book and then cancel, than us not be able to provide a coach. This is especially the case for PE departments with annual repeat fixtures. We recommend booking summer fixtures before the Easter Holidays.
We have recently noticed an increase in the number of schools requiring 16 seater coaches, when previously they would have used their own mini-buses. We find the main reason being the lack of teachers with the necessary driving licence entitlement either due to length of time they have held their licence or the tendency for manufacturers to produce mini-buses over the 3.5 tonne limit (information regarding who is allowed to drive school mini-buses can be found here)